Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Daily Osho Card Reading - Day 17 of 21: Ice-olation


The support I asked for was "why did I lose my motivation and fall into a slump, despite my best efforts and 'doing everything right?" 

 

"In our society, men in particular have been taught not to cry, to put a brave face on things when they get hurt and not show that they are in pain. But women can fall into this trap too, and all of us at one time or another might feel that the only way to survive is to close off our feelings and emotions so we can't be hurt again. If our pain is particularly deep, we might even try to hide it from ourselves. This can make us frozen, rigid, because deep down we know that one small break in the ice will free the hurt to start circulating through us again. The rainbow-colored tears on this person's face hold the key to breaking out of this 'ice-olation'. The tears, and only the tears, have the power to melt the ice. It's okay to cry, and there is no reason to feel ashamed of your tears. Crying helps us to let go of pain, allows us to be gentle with ourselves, and finally helps us to heal."

I recently went through a familiar pattern of 'having a fresh start', 'making a change' 'pushing myself to do it differently', only to be confronted by a series of challenges and fall back into self-defeat and the old comfortable patterns I was trying to break.


The cool thing about patterns though, is that you can hack them at any stage. It is never too late because patterns are a repeating cycle. 


Breaking patterns is also a repeating thing, as we dig through the layers of self that we put in to the pattern, and then as life challenges us over and over again,  we test ourselves to see if our change is real.


So to be clear, what I am walking now is not recycling my old pattern, but rather creating a new one while letting go of the old, which means, the old will rear it's ugly head from time to time, to show me what needs adjusting and addressing. 


The first thing I will do is give myself credit for the push I made, because I established certain points in my life as a foundation, so that as I make another push, it will be like walking into a home that I already set up for myself. The structure is there, I just have to walk in to it.


The second thing I am doing is looking at exactly what happened: did I over commit? Did I move too fast? Did I take on too much at once instead of introducing things one at a time? Did I stop too abruptly? 


The cog in my wheels was 3 days of migraines and then I became ill, and then i became emotional about it. Emotional meaning, frustrated, impatient, feeling guilty for pushing myself less, feeling I could not afford to lose this time to illness. And then ,under the weight of - not the physical ills- but the emotional mass I placed on myself, I fell.


So here I have just located the trigger that started the chain reaction to me falling, which is being hard on myself when things get tough. And this is where the Osho card comes in, because the card is indicating that "it's ok to cry", where crying is like a 'letting go', and acceptance of a 'weakness'. Because if you look at it, I WAS physically weak, but I judged it and did not want to accept it. I judged it as a weakness of self, as if I had less value and worth because I was for a moment, not able to give my utmost. 

So, the solution for me to see here is that my value does not lie in my ability to perform. My value does not waver when my physical body wavers ,and I can give my utmost when I am physically weak as well, with my utmost being to apply myself internally to drop the point of judgment and support my body to heal.To be more flexible in my definition of 'being productive and getting things done', to also include the process of physical ills, where the body is busy processing, releasing and going through cycles as well to 'get things done'.

One other point I see is that, due to the emotional burden I placed on myself, I actually did less while I was not feeling well. there was a knowing that I had it in me to keep up on certain things that I did not do cause I was feeling miserable caused by my own judgments and self-defeat. This caused anxiety and procrastination, which made it harder to bounce back from.

So, my take-away from this card and this experience is to 'let myself cry'. Meaning: to let go, allow for a release. Let go of the judgments and the self-imposed definition of value, release myself from this trap of productivity, and realize that this is not a weakness, but rather a strength.


Note: I am walking a process of self-change using the tools of support offered by www.Desteni.org. I am taking the course called DIP Pro. In this course I learn how to take every day moments and find ways to make myself a better, more understanding and well rounded human being, the kind of human being I would like to see in this world. "Be the change you want to see" is a cool saying, but actually doing it is a bit more confusing because people tend to believe that you can't change human nature. I believe you can, because I have seen myself changing to someone I've always wanted to be. Not there yet, but my motivation is fueled by the proof I have given to myself, which I have documented online every sep of the way, in my blogs and on youtube. DIP Pro requires serious dedication and commitment, it is ot for the faint of heart. If you want to test the waters for yourself, try the Lite version, it's called DIP Lite, and the best part is, it's free! Why? Because Desteni puts individual self-change above profit. Why does DIP Pro cost money? Because it costs money to exist in this world, and takes a dedicated team to run the program. Otherwise it would also be free.
Visit www.Desteni.org







No comments:

Post a Comment